WHAT IS IT?
The City of Elk River and the Energy City Commission are seeking interested students in grades 5-12 to join an Energy City and Sustainability Youth Committee.
The Committee will meet monthly during the school year to discuss sustainability and youth issues in our community and will provide recommendations to the Energy City Commission on possible projects, events, and demonstrations.
Interested applicants may contact Kristin Mroz of the Environmental Department for more information or questions.
Meetings will be held on the second Tuesday of each month during the school year from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the Salk Middle School.
HOW DO I APPLY?
The application is available using the online form. The form may be submitted online and/or printed and delivered to Elk River City Hall. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis but will be advertised at the end of each school year.
Letter of Recommendation
The application process does request a Letter of Recommendation from an individual that can speak on behalf of any of the following topics. Letters can be written by a teacher, family friend, boss, neighbor, or other non-relative. The Letter of Recommendation can be sent via email to EnergyCity@ElkRiverMN.gov or delivered to Elk River City Hall - Attn: Kristin Mroz
1. How has the student shown interest in sustainability issues?
2. Will the student be dedicated to this committee?
3. Has the student shown professionalism in any other manner?
4. Does the student work well in teams?
5. How has the student demonstrated effective communication skills?
6. Does this student possess the needed organizational skills for committee work?
WANTED - Students for Sustainability Youth Committee
WHAT IS IT?