AC Tune-Up Program
Your air conditioner needs frequent maintenance to assure a long life and optimum performance. With Elk River Municipal Utilities AC Tune-Up Program, electric customers will have the opportunity to receive up to a $60 bill credit towards the cost to have their central AC unit tuned up by a professional HVAC contractor!
How do I apply for a rebate?
1. Contact ERMU prior to submitting the required paperwork to ensure funds are still available.
2. Contract a professional HVAC contractor that is licensed and insured to schedule your tune-up. You will be responsible for paying the HVAC contractor.
3. Have the HVAC contractor performing the tune-up complete the AC Tune-Up Checklist.
4. Submit the completed checklist and a copy of the invoice/receipt to ERMU via mail, fax or electronically on our website.
Applicant must have ERMU electric service to qualify for the rebate. Rebate will be given in the form of a credit on electric utility bill. AC Tune-Up rebate is only available one every three years per property.
Benefits of an AC Tune-Up
- More Efficient - A tune-up can increase your air conditioner's efficiency by 15%.
- Lasts Longer - If your AC unit is working harder than it should be, this can cause excessive wear and tear. Performing any necessary maintenance will help ensure your system lasts longer.
- Money Savings - Using an air conditioner that is not operating properly will cost you more on your energy bills. Additionally, if you have to purchase a new system prematurely it will also cost you.
*By clicking submit, you are agreeing that everything you have submitted has been completed at the installed address*